Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thanks, Love and Levi's Gift!

Yes, today was a good day. I am 37. I feel pretty much the same, just a little saggier around the edges; nothing a little less chocolate and a little more tread mill won't cure. I'm working on that..... but not today. My diet buddy, Amanda, made me a whole pan of cupcakes. Have I told you all that I love that girl! They were so good. I have eaten 4 of them and made Cameron and the kids polish off the rest before I take 'em out!

Cameron beat me to the blog tonight but I just wanted to say that I am really looking forward to going to see the "Roller Derby". I know, it sounds kind of funny doesn't it? A couple of years ago we went to the state fair and the girls from Carolina were skating around this track in these crazy looking outfits and I thought it was just so bizarre. Ever since then I have teased with Cameron saying that I would really like to do that! HA!LOL Hence, the roller Derby tickets for my B-day. I will be sure to get lots of "colorful" pictures. Also, Cameron knows how much I enjoy "Third Day's" music. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THAT CONCERT NEXT WEEKEND!!!
Have I told you all what an awesome hubby I have? Yep, I got a good one. Possibly the best. Thanks for being so thoughtful. I love you Shakey.

I also want to share this precious thing that happened today. As you all may know, I homeschool the kids. Well, today we had school as usual and all day long Levi would come in the school room and hand me a present and say "Momma, this is for you". He would rap these presents in newspaper or an empty cardboard box. I would open the present each time and it would be some random item he picked up from around the house. It was so cute. Every time I acted as if it were a diamond ring that I was opening. His little face lit up every time I opened the gift (lego blocks, toothbrush, toy car, puzzle piece) But as he continued to do this, it spoke to me deep, because he was so longing to give. He loved it every time as I opened each gift. He wanted to give more and more and isn't that how it is? When we truely give with such a pure heart, not just physical gifts, but ourselves, we want to give more and more. It never gets old. God tells us that it is better to give than receive, and I believe it. Thank you my sweet Levi for my gift of YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Levi is such a little sweetie! I love how God speaks to us through our children. He is especially fond of you, Laura!

    ReplyDelete