Saturday, September 13, 2008

Date Night at the Derby!!!

IMG_5866
I love Rock-N-Roller Derby!!! This song by Joan Jett came right to my mind when I tried to come up with a theme song for this event. All I can say is WOW, these chicks are tough! As you know, Cam got us tickets for the "Carolina Roller Girls" tonight and we had such a great time. If you have never experienced this type of event it really is a must on your things to do in life at least once. I mean, the action is packed, the girls are "colorful" and the fans are even more colorful. I loved it. We sat on the floor right next to the rink. We could've opted for the stadium seating but we were kind of hoping that one of the players might trip and fall next to us. Wouldn't that make for a great photo! It never happened but I did get this great pic taken with one of the "blockers".

Here is the Slide show

IMG_5867

IMG_5844

4 comments:

  1. Cool video! You'll have to explain the sport to me. Glad you guys have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys HAD fun! Well, you have fun also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment. My husband's stepmother is from Masontown, too! Her dad, Walter Scarton, was the mayor for years! What a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a roller derby comedy coming out soon. Drew Barrymore is directing and starring in it along with Ellen Page(Juno). It's called, "Whip It". You'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete