Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hurricane Hannah

Well when we went to bed last night we expected to be awakened during the night or morning by the wind, rain, and destructive might of Hurricane Hannah (it was only a category 1 when we checked last night). So this morning when we woke up (about 8:30) we checked to see when we should be able to do our traditional hurricane report, this is where we go outside and video tape ourselves in the wind and give a weather report like the ones you see on TV for every hurricane, where the reporter is telling you how strong the wind is blowing and how its raining sideways. When we checked the weather we were surprised and a little disappointed to find Hannah had passed us by, if you look at the radar it shows Hannah as of 8:30 am, we live just east of Raleigh in the last little green band of rain. Now don’t get me wrong, I am glad this storm was not a big deal for our area and I pray that it was the same non-big deal for everyone else but at the same time it sure is exciting to have the wind and rain, and to watch the tops of tall pine trees in our yard swing from side to side (to the point that you wonder how long they can do that before they snap). We may still go out and report, but it seems a little silly now (as if it didn't already). To all our friends and family we are safe, the only clean up is all the pine straw that we now have all over our yard.

Hurricane Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! We were blessed and favored...thanks to the Lord!
    I have missed you...it's been a while and I miss your wisdom and loving smile! Hope all is well with your family? They are sweet! Tell Chuck we said hello and hope that he is well. Have a blessed day and have fun today!
    God loves you and so do I...
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miss Laura!!!!!!!!!!! I love you and miss you. NOW NO GETTIN BLOWN AWAY BY HURRICANES OK?
    Luv
    The Knopfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Annette! I will always remember your kindness the day I turned 30 (7 years ago, Sept, 11). You planned a surprise party for me and even though the country was in sorrow over the Twin Towers falling, you still thought of me. The party went on and I was blessed by your heart. Thank you. I think of that day often. I love you and miss you very much. Come visit;) We have lots of water around here. I know Brian can find a fishin' hole somewhere near!
    Love you guys,
    Laura and Fam

    ReplyDelete