Saturday, July 5, 2008

Laura's Thoughts

As I was reflecting on the conversations at the cookout the other day, it occurred to me that God was getting my attention on something. My friend Jane and I were chatting about different seasons that we go through in life. She shared with me how she has come to a place in her life where she is completely content in who she is. I love that. Isn't that what Paul says in Phillipians 4:11 "Be content in every situation". Well, I responded to her by sharing that even while I am home with the kids all day and not "working" (outside of the home, that is) I know that this is definitely a season that I am in. Sure, it has it's highs and lows, but what season doesn't? I also shared how my Mom is an inspiration to me because when she was in her mid-50's she went back to school to start a whole new career path. I must say that anatomy and physiology is not as easy when you've been out of school for many years. Kudos to you Mom! Just by knowing that she could do anything, any time, any where, no matter how old or young, has placed a seed of hope within me. I know that while God has blessed me in this season of my life with the kids, He will bless me with the next season He has in store for me.
Well, to add to this vein of thought and reflection, my kind friend Carolyn had given me a little book called "Discovering God's Purpose for Your Life". As I was reading it this morning it dawned on me what God was trying to tell me. Yes, there are seasons in life, but with each season the underlying tone should be on Him, the Lord. Beth Moore put it like this, "He is not the most important thing, He is the ONLY thing. He is it. He is my life - not just part of it, or even the most important thing in my life. He is everything.
So with this season of running around with the kids, jumping on the trampoline, making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, washing lots of dirty clothes and scrubbing lots of dirty floors, I will lift up my hands, lift up my eyes and my heart and say "thank you Lord for this season it is all made by you and it is all for you. I praise you for whatever it is you bring my way after this season moves into the next season!"

So , to you I say, be blessed and content in whatever season you are in!
Love,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Yes what a great word!!!
    This is a quote I love, "One touch of His hand and I feel like running anywhere He leads, keeping pace with Him...but it doesn't matter if I slow down, He slows down to catch me and help me along the way. His love is full of life and also filled with it!"
    Your sister in Christ,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all so much for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete