Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Brother Greg

Some of you may already be aware but I wanted to mention this for anyone that I may not have spoken with. My brother Greg went into the hospital last weekend and has now been diagnosed with leukemia. As you can imagine this has been quite a shock for our family, it just seems like it came out of nowhere and happened so fast. Even saying the word leukemia seems so foreign to me, and I still can’t get use to saying it, and I refuse to get use to saying it.

I know that things happen in this life and I know that everyday there are others in the same situation, I also know in whom I believe. I’m not saying others do not know in whom they believe, but what I am saying is that when Gods word says to lay hands on the sick and they will recover and that by His stripes we ARE healed, I believe Him. I take Him at His word.

Too many times I have said “Lord let your will be done” and not have any understanding of what His will is. If His word is His will, then I will stand on that and trust that He is faithful to fulfill it. I know that God did not cause this, but I fully believe that God will use this for His purpose and His glory.

So I ask that you join me in lifting up my brother in this time of healing, for his body, mind and spirit. Here is the website that Greg’s wife Elyse setup and will be updating regularly with his progress:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/gregwilson611

To help keep the site private, visitors need to have a CaringBridge profile to visit. Your profile allows you to read the Journal, see photos and leave messages for Greg in the guest book. You can also sign up to receive Journal update notifications by e-mail each time Greg’s Journal is updated.


If you have a CaringBridge Profile:
1. Visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/gregwilson611
2. Sign in to your CaringBridge profile


If you DO NOT have a CaringBridge Profile:
1. Visit http://www.caringbridge.org/vi sit/gregwilson611
2. Create your CaringBridge profile



Thank you for your thoughts and prayers
-Laura

IMG_0521

1 comment:

  1. Lori, I had the joy of seeing Greg this past Tuesday. He and mom meet me to pick up some of his med's. It was great, Greg was back to his old self, teasing Mom and joking around. He also got a kiss kiss from lil Chew, Aka Mark. We are looking forward to seeing you all in October. PS. Pray for the fish.

    ReplyDelete