Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Look what we found in the toilet

When I woke up the other day I had to do a double take as I passed the toilet. To be honest with you, I thought that maybe someone forgot to flush, however as I looked a little closer (why would anyone look closer?) it seemed that the object was hairy.....yes I said hairy, and indeed it was. I quickly went to wake Cameron up from his slumber, and I phrased it like this "Um, there is something in our toilet and I think its an animal, I think its a rat." Well this was enough to peak his curiosity and he got up to check it out. After even closer inspection, it was determined that it was a baby squirrel, and it was dead. Poor thing must have gotten trapped in the sewer pipes, and made its way somehow into our house. Our imagination takes us to places we don't want to go, like what if that thing made it out of the toilet into the house, or what if it made its way into the toilet while the bathroom was in use.....but lets not talk about that anymore, thank God for small favors. We called the city to let them know what happend and they kind of laughed and said thanks for letting them know, and said it happens sometimes.

Below is picture of the little fella, may he rest in peace. For some reason Cameron felt the need to measure it.....don't ask.
IMG_1834

1 comment:

  1. He always was the curious one.... the fact that he actually measured it cracks me up but doesn't surprise me!!!

    ReplyDelete