Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lisa Freeman!

Thirty-two years have gone by since that scary, first day of kindergarten class. Yes, Lisa Freeman and I have known eachother that long. Cannon Road Elementary in Silver Spring Maryland....ahhhh, the memories.
It has only been about 15 years since we last met up though.

A few months back another friend of mine found Lisa on Facebook and discovered that she lives in Chapel Hill, NC. I had to see her and catch up! Cameron and I were going to the UNC game and decided to meet up with her and visit before the game. What a reunion that was!
Lisa has such a big heart for college students. She is persuing a PhD in education to become a dean of students. She is living on campus at UNC and oversees 8,500 students. I am so impressed! I believe these students realize what a blessing she is because they don't hesitate to knock on her door at all hours! Just in talking with her, it is so obvious that God has placed so many giftings within her. She is indeed speaking life and truth into the lives of this next generation. I thank God for you Lisa, my old friend! (young friend) lol
IMG_6390

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blessing for the both of you! Laura I will tell you that I know God appointed that time for you...you were sent to bring a spritual growth in this sweet lady's life! You always leave footprints...and this lady will keep finding them as time goes by. She will, in blinks, recall things that were said and she will be blessed and encouraged by them!
    Love and have a great day!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Childhood friendships are so special. In seeing the picture of you two, I can see the little girls in kindergarten smiling also. How great to be able to reconnect, catch up and continue this friendship. What a special gift from God!

    ReplyDelete