Thursday, August 14, 2008

Book Signing


Ok, so you remember my post about the book I recommended right? Well, today we went to have our book signed by the author of "The Shack". He was at the Greenville Barnes and Noble. Cameron just happened to be working in Greenville the other day and stopped by there to get a gift card for my uncle when he noticed a sign that said "William P.Young author of The Shack will be here on Aug 14" When he told me I couldn't even believe it! So, I grabbed my friend Amanda and we headed out. He was so real. He sat and spoke with the crowd for a good half hour and then he started signing books. We both got our picture with him, like little groupies! lol He calls himself an"accidental author" because the book was actually just meant to be a gift to his children. Well,3 million copies later, he stands so humble and gives God all of the glory. It was a good day. Above is a pic of me and Paul (he goes by his middle name)
Again, GET THE BOOK! It is wonderful and you will be so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. At least you had a beautiful smile in your picture! Thank you for letting me tag along. What a blessing! Laura, Papa is especially fond of you, He is keeping His eye on you!
    Love you girl,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    I'm reading The Shack NOW!!! I'm at the end of the book and savoring the last chapters. Did you get to talk to the author much? Wonderful book so far - different than anything I've ever read and I read lots. I'll email more when I finish the book so we can chat about it.

    Until then,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee,
    As he was signing my book, I told him that when I first got saved, I used to talk with Jesus just as if he were sitting in the chair right next to me. I told him that I went away from that approach as I "grew" in the Lord. I then told him that I started to talk with Jesus like that again after having read his book. He smiled and said "There's something special about you". I took that to mean (as he says in the book) "God is especially fond of you", as I know He is fond of all of His children. Be blessed Renee and I can't wait to talk more about it!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete