Thursday, June 19, 2008

Empty Nest :(

Well, they have all left me and I am so sad :(
What at first seemed like it would be overwhelming has now made me want to have fifteen kids running around the house! I had such a great time with my nieces and nephews. Lindsey and Charlie have both asked to have a sleepover with friends and I believe that it is to ease their withdrawls from their cousins leaving. Here are my observations, thoughts and silly comments about each of them:

Katie, Katie, Katie. What are we going to do with you young lady?! LOL You are vivacious and bold and are not afraid to speak your mind. This is so good. When you put your mind to something, you give it your ALL. Continue to do that girl. I noticed what an awesome big sister you are even when you are picking on Heather and Kyle. They look up to you with such love and adoration; and with good reason. You are a true leader with so much to give. We love you Katie!

101_3084


"Lindsey, Heather, Katie come down here and get your smoothies!"
Oh wait, I mean, EMILY!!!!
I almost forgot about you......NOT!
Hey Emily, I just want to say one thing
YOUR MOM!
You have such a great sense of humor and I am going to start saying that from now on. lol
Seriously though, you have such a way about you, that gets along with everyone on every level. I loved watching you be so sweet with Allie. I really think you should be a swimsuit model. That is why I posted this pic. Don't be mad at me, I love it and it is awesome of you!
IMG_3409

Heather, sweet Heather. Gentle, kind, loving and just plain sweet, you are. You have a true gift of nurturing and caring for others especially little ones. It was sweet to see the tears streaming down your face during that movie. You have such a big heart for people. God has made you like that for a reason. You feel deeply and that is beautiful. Levi misses you already!

IMG_3510

Kyle, "This way to the beach ladies" (with muscles flexed and abs tight)lol
You are such a joy to be around. Noah, Charlie and Levi loved playing with you! You made us all laugh when you came running down the hall with your turbin on your head and jirating your pelvis! LOL Boy you are a trip just like your daddy! Charlie will never forget when you hit the curb and the bike hit you in the "TENDERS"

IMG_3161

Noah, you made Papa Chuck's day by giving him such a welcome hug when you saw him. He was so taken by your kindness. It is not every day that you see children be so open with their affection as you. You cheer people on at whatever they are doing and make people feel so happy when they are around you. I love you sweetness.

IMG_3134

Allie, you make me want to have a little baby girl! Your voice is like little angels singing. I can hear you now..."You are my brooooother, best friends foreeeeever!" The picture below says it all....We love you baby girl.

IMG_3910

Mom and Tom, such brave souls you are! Thank you for bringing all the fun our way. Thank you for the beach house, the meals, the time and Tom the COFFEE CAKE! We love you guys and hope that your time was as blessed as ours!
IMG_3205

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. It is so nice to be able to put faces with names. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful visit. What a blessing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete