Saturday, September 19, 2009

Laura's B-day blessings

Well, last week I turned 38 years young. I had a great birthday. Cam and the kids got me a whole bag of my favorite things. They took me to Starbuck's, then out to eat and then we cruised the strip in Wilson...lol (that would be the Wal-mart parking lot) A little later, we all made little piggy's out of ourselves while scarfing down a Carvel ice cream cake (another one of my faves). I love my little family. They make me so happy :)

I also love my sweet friends. Amanda and Carla are two of my very special friends. They both planned a get together for me complete with a pan of brownies, two tubs of ice cream and a great time of fellowship. Thanks you guys!

Carla's gift to me was "The Word of Promise" which is a beautiful reading, if you will, of the Bible. Jim Caviezel plays the voice of Jesus as he did in "The Passion of Christ". Richard Dreyfus as Moses, Gary Sinise as David, Jason Alexander as Joseph, Marisa Tomei, Louis Gossett Jr., and over 600 actors contributed to this timeless work. It has really blessed me. I have started listening to it while riding my bike and keeping it playing in my ipod dock just so it can be playing all the time! If you are looking for a great Bible on CD, this is the one to get.
Here is the link: http://www.thewordofpromise.com/

Amanda's gift to me was a VIP ticket to the Aaron Shust concert in Raleigh. It was actually called "Chris Sligh's Back to School Tour 2009". Wow what a night it was! We got our "PRAISE ON", as Kirk Franklin would say it. Merideth Andrews and Andrew Witt were also there. It was not just another concert. It was a night of worship. Our girls went with us and it was so refreshing to look over and see Lindsey and Anna Gracen lifting their hands and praising God. I especially loved that part! One other part I loved was when Chris Sligh started to sing the old Bon Jovi song "Living on a Prayer" and Amanda and I looked at eachother and started belting it out. Then Amanda said PROM!! Oh, us 80's girls are a trip!

You can check out pictures and more info about each artist on Amanda's blog here: http://www.doughertysdigest.blogspot.com//

Oh yeah, turn up your volume on your computer and you will hear one of my favorite Aaron Shust songs "My Savior, My God" also Chris Sligh's "Empty Me" Meridith Andrews "You're Not Alone"

No comments:

Post a Comment